Monday, February 2, 2009

It's 7:56am and it's as dark as midnight outside. LOL Our days are getting longer, but it still doesn't get daylight until around 9am or later. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. Those are rare. It's getting colder. We went from 50 degrees to 4 degrees. We've had a 80 degree change over the past month. The temp was -30, jumped to 30 above then to 50. Now we're back down to 4 degrees. Hard to keep up somedays.

I've been asked how we live in this cold weather. It's called layer dressing. You dress for the weather and it isn't so bad. On cold days I wear a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, a sweat shirt, flannel pants, jeans, and two pairs of socks. As it warms up, you just take off one piece at a time until you're comfortable again, keeping them handy to put back on as it gets colder again. At home I often just wear the tank top or short sleeve shirt and the jeans. We almost always wear slippers. My biggest aggravation is boots. I really don't like wearing big, klunky boots, but they are a necessity up here. Then, when you get where you're going, you change to regular shoes. That's a pain. I just keep a pair of shoes at church so that I can just change and not have to carry a spare pair every time I go. LOL And you never wear shoes in people's houses. You leave your shoes by the door. Ugh! Nothing like walking around in socks in someone else's house. You just hope your socks look clean. lol My daughter, Ashley, says someday she hopes to have enough money to wear a new pair of socks every day. She loves new socks. So, if anyone ever wants to give her a gift, you don't need to ask what she would like. New socks, and the champion brand are her favorites. LOL I don't expect you to send her any. I just threw that in for fun.

Well, it's a new week, a new opportunity to bring God glory. I have literally TONS to accomplish this week, and that's just for my family. Pray I can be motivated to get the job done. Flylady is going to be doing overtime for me this week. Now just to follow her like I should.

Hope each of you has a wonderful week. I'll post some new pics of Braeden later.

Love you!
Ange

No comments: